Thank you very much for the kind words that you expressed in the Catholic Courier. I appreciate the pictures chosen for the tributes are nicely touched up.
Many have asked what I will do in retirement. I begin by flying to Minneapolis on June 20 for the Annual Assembly of the Association of US Catholic Priests, of which I am the Vice Chair. From there I am off to Alabama for my 50th college reunion (delayed a year because of pandemic). I return to Pittsford for my last daily Mass on Tuesday, June 29th. I officially turn my keys in at 6:00 PM and Fr. Rob becomes Pastor.
For the months of July, August and September I will be living at my home in Naples. I will spend a week at Chautauqua Institute as a chaplain. Later in August, I travel out west to visit several national parks and take a long train ride. When October rolls around I will be assisting at a local parish on weekends and as needed. Am I looking forward to retirement? I am looking forward to giving up administration with the hope I can become more involved in pastoral care, especially spiritual direction.
Jesus Christ is risen – alleluia!
Blessings in 2021!
Let us continue to pray for peace in our world!
In peace and courage,
The Church of the Transfiguration
Perpetual Charity Fund Request
for Proposals Guidelines
Each year The Church of the Transfiguration issues a Request for Proposals (RFP) for an annual grant from the Transfiguration Perpetual Charity Fund. The RFP is published in the Parish Bulletin and sent to other agencies as requested.
RFP’s are due in the office of The Church of the Transfiguration on or before Friday, June 4, 2021. The amount of the grant may vary from year to year. The grant this year (2021) will be $15,000, be approved in mid-June and awarded in early July.
Guidelines for grant requests:
- Applications are due before Friday, June 4, 2021
- The program, service or advocacy effort must be people centered and in keeping with Gospel values
- The program, service or advocacy effort must serve the needs of the greater Monroe County area
- The written request and explanation of the program, service or advocacy effort should be brief (no more than 2 or 3 paragraphs
- The budget of the program, service or advocacy effort and a brief explanation of how the grant will be used must be included
- “Startup” programs, service or advocacy effort, will not be funded
- If the agency is not known by The Church of the Transfiguration as a nonprofit agency we reserve the right to ask for appropriate nonprofit documentation
- The Committee reserves the right to fund more than one proposal
- The Committee may request to make a site visit
- All applications should be mailed to:
Transfiguration Perpetual Charity Fund
Church of the Transfiguration
50 West Bloomfield Road
Pittsford, NY 14534-9733
If you have, any questions please feel free to contact Rev. Michael J. Bausch at 585-248-2427x224 or
email: [email protected]
PARISH PASTORAL COUNCIL NOMINATIONS
As of June 30, there will be at least one open position on the Parish Pastoral Council (PPC). The three-year term for this position begins on July 1. The first meeting a new member is expected to attend will be on September 13. 2021.
The Mission of the PPC is to serve as the primary leadership group for the Church of the Transfiguration. With the Pastor, the Council helps to develop the policies and major themes within which the pastoral mission and ministries can be accomplished. In brief, the Pastor and Council in consultation with the Community establishes a vision of Christianity wherein we build our parish community. The PPC’s responsibilities and authority is to serve as a visionary body with the purpose of providing long-term stability, direction and policy to the Pastor, the ministerial team, the clusters and the parish, is responsible for helping to insure the success of the parish pastoral mission. Within the parish, it must be understood that the role of the Council is not deliberative, but consultative to the Pastor.
* The person I have nominated is a Confirmed Roman Catholic and a registered member of the Church of the Transfiguration.
* I understand that the person I have nominated will be in the Selection Process to take place held on Sunday, June 6 during the 9:00 AM Mass. All names of qualified nominees will be placed in a basket, and the Council member will be selected at random.
* All nominations must be in the Parish Office before noon on Tuesday, June 1; the Nomination Form may be dropped in the Collection Basket or mailed to the Nomination Committee, c/o Transfiguration Parish Office.
* If you have, any questions relative to the nomination process please feel free to contact any member of the PPC Nomination Committee: Mike Goonan or Fr. Mike.
Due before noon on Tuesday, June 1
I nominate the following person(s) to serve on the Parish Pastoral Council:
Signature of person making the nomination