Sunday, July 30, 2017
Jul 27, 2017
Summer time is upon us and so during your down time here are some reflections on life that came to me recently. They are both fun and serious so use them as you please!
- Life isn’t fair, but it is still good.
- When in doubt, just take the next small step.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
- Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
- It’s OK to get angry with God. God can take it.
- When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
- It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
- Don’t compare your life with others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- If a relationship has to be secret, you should not be in it.
- Everything can change in a blink of an eye. But, don’t worry; God never blinks.
- Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
- Get rid of anything that is not useful, beautiful or joyful.
- Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
- It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
- Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
- When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
- Over prepare, then go with the flow.
- Be eccentric. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
- The most important sex organ is the brain.
- No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
- Always choose life.
- Frame every so-called disaster with these words “In five years, will this matter?”
- Forgive everyone everything.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Time heals almost everything. Give it time.
- However bad a situation is, it will change.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything that you did or did not do.
- Believe in miracles.
- Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
- Growing old beats the alternative—dying young.
- Your children only get one childhood.
- All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
- Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we'd grab ours back.
- The best is yet to come.
- No matter how you feel, get up, get dressed and show up.
- Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it is still a gift.
There is a lot of wisdom in these words, I hope you are enjoying the summer.
Let us continue to pray for peace and for the end of terrorism in our world!
In peace and courage,