On the lighter side! As we begin the summer season, and boating season for some, I thought I would share these
little sayings to laugh or think about. “Everything I need to know about life, I learned from Noah's Ark!”
- The Woodpecker Might have to go!
- Don't miss the boat.
- Remember that we are all in the same boat.
- Plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.
- Stay fit when you're 600 years old, someone may ask you to do something really big.
- Don't listen to critics; just get on with the job that needs to be done.
- Build your future on high ground!
- For safety's sake, travel in pairs.
- Speed isn't always an advantage. The snails were on board with the cheetahs.
- When you're stressed, float a while.
- Remember, the Ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic by professionals.
- No matter the storm, when you are with God, there's always a rainbow waiting.
Now here is a little prayer/poem for those who may have hard time slowing down to a summer pace.
Slow Me Down, Lord
Slow me down, Lord, slow me down!
Ease the pounding of my heart by the quieting of my mind…
Give me amid the confusion of my day, the calmness of the everlasting hills.
Break the tensions of my nerves and muscles with the soothing music of the singing streams that live in my memory.
Help me know the magical, restoring power of sleep.
Teach me the art of taking minute vacations, of slowing down to look at a flower, to chat with a friend, to pat a dog, to
read a few lines from a good book.
Remind me each day of the fable of the hare and the tortoise that I may know that the race is not always to be swift –
that there is more to life than measuring speed.
Let me look upward into the branches of the flowering oak and know that it is great and strong because it grew slowly
Slow me down, Lord, and inspire me to send my roots deep into the soil of life’s enduring values that I may grow towards
the stars of my great destiny. Amen. (by Wilferd Arlan Peterson)
Please enjoy this Fourth of July week, celebrate with family and friends, and travel safe!
Let us continue to pray for peace and for end of terrorism in our world!
In peace and courage,