“St. Joseph turned his human vocation to domestic love into a superhuman oblation of himself, his heart and all his abilities, a love placed at the service of the Messiah who was growing to maturity in his home.” -Pope Francis
- Joseph's Dream: Matthew 1:19
- Escape To Egypt: Matthew 2:13-15
- Return from Egypt: Matthew 2:19-23
- Jesus In the Temple: Luke 2:41–49
- Joseph's Song · Amos & Margaret Raber
- St Joseph's Hymn
- Hail, Holy Joseph, Hail
- Joseph The Carpenter Story and Song
- What have you learned about St Joseph?
- How is St Joseph an example for us?
- What do you think it would be like to get a message from an Angel as Joseph did?
- What do you think life was like when Jesus was a kid?
THE YEAR OF ST. JOSEPH PRAYER~To you, O blessed Joseph
To you, O blessed Joseph, do we come in our afflictions, and having implored the help of your most holy Spouse, we confidently invoke your patronage also.
Through that charity which bound you to the Immaculate Virgin Mother of God and through the paternal love with which you embraced the Child Jesus, we humbly beg you graciously to regard the inheritance which Jesus Christ has purchased by his Blood, and with your power and strength to aid us in our necessities.
O most watchful guardian of the Holy Family, defend the chosen children of Jesus Christ; O most loving father, ward off from us every contagion of error and corrupting influence; O our most mighty protector, be kind to us and from heaven assist us in our struggle with the power of darkness.
As once you rescued the Child Jesus from deadly peril, so now protect God’s Holy Church from the snares of the enemy and from all adversity; shield, too, each one of us by your constant protection, so that, supported by your example and your aid, we may be able to live piously, to die in holiness, and to obtain eternal happiness in heaven. Amen.