Youth Ministry News
Search Retreat Weekend: Our annual Search retreat for high school youth is coming up the weekend of March 6-8, 2020. This is a special time for teens to spend away from the daily bustle, getting to know themselves, each other, and God more deeply. Teens who have attended in the past will tell you that it's the best weekend of the year! Registration forms are available HERE.
National Catholic Youth Conference 2019! Our current 8th- 11th graders interested in attending have already registered and are eager to go! This biannual gathering of 23,000 young Catholics from around the country has been a life-changing experience for past pilgrims from our parish. NCYC 2019 will be November 20-24, 2019 in Indianapolis.
Senior High Youth Group: Our regular meetings for 9th-12th graders happen on Tuesdays from 7-8:30 in the youth room (lower level of the Education building). All are welcome to come and bring a friend! Meetings will NOT be held on school break/holiday weeks, check the bulletin or website event calendar to confirm meeting dates!
Middle School Youth Group: (new) monthly meeting schedule running concurrently with our Bridges of Faith Program to better meet the needs of our families. A simple meal will be shared followed by activities and discussion about faith themes that are relevant to the real lives of young adolescents. Participants may chose to attend a Sundays (12:30—2:30 pm) OR Monday (5:30—7:30 pm) each month in the Teen Room of the Education Center-lower level. Click HERE for a copy of the Welcome Letter and new format!
Monthly dates and topics are:
- September 22 or 23 - "What's so great about the Church? What does it mean to be Church?"
- October 20 or 21 -"Who is Jesus anyway.? How do we know about Him?"
- November 17 or 18 - "What does it look like to follow Jesus in my daily life? What does he want me to do? What kind of person does he want me to be?
- December 15 or 16 - "Why is Christmas such a big deal?"
- January 12 or 13 - "How can I make a difference in the world? What kind of world does God call us to build?"
- February 9 or 10 - What was Jesus like when he was my age? Does he understand what my life is like? What would Jesus do if he was a young person today?"
- March 29 or 30 - What happened at the end of Jesus' life? Why did he die the way he did?"
- April 19 or 20 - "Why is Easter such a big deal?"
- May 17 or 18 - "How can I learn to pray?"
Middle School special events include:
- Saturday, October 26 - Service - Fall clean up at Morning Star
- Saturday, November 16 - Mini-retreat and Service Day
- Tuesday, December 3 - Prayer for our times at the Sister's of St. Joseph Motherhouse Chapel
- Saturday, January 18 - Mini-retreat and Service Day
- Wednesday, February 26 - Ash Wednesday Mass and Family Potluck Supper
- Saturday April 18 - Service- Spring clean up at Morning Star
Summer Service Immersion Retreat: We cannot offer the Summer Immersion as we have in the past due to the current circumstances - please stay tuned for details as we firm up an alternative!
Mark Your Calendars – Confirmation Info Meeting Sunday June 7, 2020 at 10:15 a.m.! All current 7th graders and older youth who have not yet been confirmed – come to this meeting to find out about the Diocesan two-year preparation process and get registered for our next group. Registration forms will be due by the end of this school year, with the classes starting up early in September.
Baccalaureate Class of 2020! We will celebrate our annual Baccalaureate Mass for our graduating high school seniors a Sunday in June. Please stay tuned for details, and start thinking of what wonderful baby photo you would like to have as part of the slideshow!
For more information on any of our youth ministry programs, or to be placed on our weekly email update list, please contact Anne Gallagher at [email protected] or 248-2467. I love to hear from you!