Youth Ministry News
As we emerge from the pandemic, we are looking ahead with joyful hope to a more “normal” year of faith formation for the 2021-22 school year. These past months have been a time of learning many new tools and skills and refocusing our energy on what’s most important: nurturing the personal prayer lives of all our parishioners. We’ve embraced hybrid learning while also valuing the relationship-building that being together in person provides. Our plans for the year ahead will incorporate the best of both worlds, combining both at-home asynchronous learning AND regular gatherings. We will be using a flipped-learning approach, and our gathered sessions will reinforce the at-home materials in fun, active, and engaging ways. Here are a few things to note for this year’s programs:
- Middle School Youth Group (grades 6-8) will meet one Sunday night a month from 7-8:30. An online Google classroom assignment completed before the monthly meeting which will introduce our topic.
- Confirmation prep (typically grades 8-9) will meet one Sunday night a month from 7-8:30. Candidates also complete a monthly Google classroom assignment and attend at least 4 Middle School or High School Youth Group meetings each year.
- Senior High Youth Group (grades 9-12) will resume meeting weekly on Tuesdays from 7-8:30.
- SEARCH Retreat for high school students will be held January 7-9, 2022! The registration packet can be found HERE.
- We will continue to create seasonal Prayer Playlists for teens, and adults to support your daily prayer time. You can find our library of past playlists HERE.
And there will be many more opportunities to pray, serve, and play together. We’re so looking forward to walking the journey of faith with you and your family this year!
You can find the Youth Ministry Registration form HERE.
Please note that the Confirmation registration is on the second page of the YM form and complete BOTH sides to register for Confirmation prep. The registration deadline for the 2021-2023 Confirmation cohort is August 15.
You can find the Youth Ministry meeting schedule for the year HERE.
For more information on any of our youth ministry programs, or to be placed on our weekly email update list, please contact Anne Gallagher at [email protected] or 248-2427. I love to hear from you!