Lent and Easter
Lenten Evening Vespers with Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
- Come join us for a quiet reflection every Monday evening (February 22, March 1,8,15,22 and 29), 7 p.m., in the Church.
- We will have our normal Mass schedule for Palm Sunday services - March 28 at 4:30 p.m. and March 29 at 9 a.m. (also on Livestream) and 11 a.m.
- The Evening Mass of the Lord's Supper will be held at 7:30 p.m. on April 1
- The Solemn Liturgy of the Lord's Passion will be held at 2:30 p.m. on April 2. This service also will be on Livestream
- Simple stations of the Cross will be at 7 p.m. on April 2
- The Easter Vigil Mass will be at 8 p.m. on April 3
- Masses will be held at 7:30, 9 and 11 a.m. The 9 a.m. Mass will be on Livestream.
Note - for Holy Saturday and Easter Sunday Masses we will be asking for pre-registration to ensure we have adequate seating for social distancing. The registration link will be opened closer to Easter.
Fr. Mike will celebrate Mass on livestream at 9 am each Sunday. This Mass is streamed via YouTube, and available for viewing any time during and after the Mass. Please go to our Streaming Services page (HERE) for easy to use links to this month's Masses.
Mass reservations are no longer required! We will take your contact information as you arrive at church.
No Need to Register but Please Check In
We have eliminated the need to register for Mass on-line. On arrival, please stop at one of the two locations (A-K or L-Z, based on your last name) in the Gathering Area and offer your name to the usher. They will ask for your email if it’s not on file to accommodate tracing purposes. Many thanks for your patience as well all work together for a healthy, safe environment in gathering to worship.
The Role of our Greeters
After registering at the door and moving to the church doors, please safely distance while waiting for the “greeters’ to seat you. Their role is to seat you at a safe distance from others and to assist at Communion and dismissal in maintaining safe social distancing. For safety reasons, please follow their direction.
Please remember that masks are required at Church. Please wear a well fitting cloth or surgical mask. Per CDC guidelines, face shields are not sufficient, they should not be worn unless accompanied by a cloth or surgical mask.
As these months go by and this has become routine for many, we are pleased that our parish family members are returning for the first time. Everyone’s safety is our first priority and we want all to feel welcomed, safe and knowing “Lord, how good it is for us to be here.” Thank you.
Our Prayer Log book has gone 'virtual'.
Welcome to the Church of the Transfiguration.
We see ourselves as a unique expression of the People of God whose faith in Jesus Christ is rooted in the Roman Catholic tradition. We invite you to join us in worship, service and play.
Posted in The Corner Office on 02/18/21
Dear Friends,Recently I read a report by several local Catholic medical experts seeking to ... Read More »
Posted in The Corner Office on 02/11/21
Our annual Lenten journey begins this week with Ash Wednesday, the day ... Read More »
On Line Giving and Event Registration
Click HERE to donate on-line, register for Mass, or register for upcoming events and programs!
Readings for the Week
Readings for the week of February 21, 2021
- Sunday: Gn 9:8-15 / Ps 25:4-5, 6-7, 8-9 [cf. 10] / 1 Pt 3:18-22 / Mk 1:12-15
- Monday: 1 Pt 5:1-4 / Ps 23:1-3a, 4, 5, 6  / Mt 16:13-19
- Tuesday: Is 55:10-11 / Ps 34:4-5, 6-7, 16-17, 18-19 [18b] / Mt 6:7-15
- Wednesday: Jon 3:1-10 / Ps 51:3-4, 12-13, 18-19 [19b] / Lk 11:29-32
- Thursday: Est C:12, 14-16, 23-25 / Ps 138:1-2ab, 2cde-3, 7c-8 [3a] / Mt 7:7-12
- Friday: Ez 18:21-28 / Ps 130:1-2, 3-4, 5-7a, 7bc-8  / Mt 5:20-26
- Saturday: Dt 26:16-19 / Ps 119:1-2, 4-5, 7-8 [1b] / Mt 5:43-48
- Next Sunday: Gn 22:1-2, 9a, 10-13, 15-18 / Ps 116:10, 15, 16-17, 18-19  / Rom 8:31b-34 / http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/022821.cfm
- Mk 9: 2-10
Reservations required for weekend Masses and face covering required for all services
Saturday 4:30 PM
Sunday 9 AM and 11 AM
Monday, Wednesday 6:45 AM
Tuesday 9:00 AM
During Lent - Thursday 6:45 AM
Sunday 9 AM Mass is Livestreamed on YouTube
Normal Office Hours:
Monday through Thursday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Friday 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM (noon)
Director of Formation/Pastoral Associate for Youth
Associate Director of Formation
Administrative Assistant for Formation
Deacon - Retired
Bulletins - Click on image to open
Diocese of Rochester - DOR Safe Environment
As part of the Diocese of Rochester’s ongoing Creating a Safe Environment efforts and at the direction of Bishop Matano, we are posting this link to the Diocese's web page which contains resources and information sources.
To access the quarterly "Creating a Save Environment" newsletter, click on the link below