Welcome to the Church of the Transfiguration.
We see ourselves as a unique expression of the People of God whose faith in Jesus Christ is rooted in the Roman Catholic tradition. We invite you to join us in worship, service and play.
Please join us at 9 a.m. on Thanksgiving for Mass. What better way to start Thanksgiving Day than to give thanks to God for His many gifts to us. Bring your table breads for a blessing!
Christmas Eve Living Nativity
Sign up for children Grades 2-5 who wish to participate in the 3:30 p.m. Christmas Eve Living Nativity can be accessed HERE.
On Line Giving and Event Registration
Click HERE to donate on-line or register for an event.
Current event registration:
- Mini-Gingerbread House Building - December 7, 2019
- Ignation Day of Prayer - February 29, 2020
Posted in The Corner Office on 12/06/19
We look forward to Advent as the season that ... Read More »
Posted in The Corner Office on 11/29/19
I thought I would share some reflections on Advent, taking into consideration ... Read More »
Posted in The Corner Office on 11/22/19
Thanksgiving week is one of the most peaceful weeks of the year ... Read More »
Readings for the Week
Readings for the week of December 1, 2019
- Sunday: Is 2:1-5 / Ps 122:1-2, 3-4, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9 [cf. 1] / Rom 13:11-14 / Mt 24:37-44
- Monday: Is 4:2-6 / Ps122:1-2, 3-4b, 4cd-5, 6-7, 8-9 / Mt 8:5-11
- Tuesday: Is 11:1-10 / Ps 72:1-2, 7-8, 12-13, 17 [cf. 7] / Lk 10:21-24
- Wednesday: Is 25:6-10a / Ps 23:1-3a, 3b-4, 5, 6 [6cd] / Mt 15:29-37
- Thursday: Is 26:1-6 / Ps 118: 1 and 8-9. 19-21, 25-27a [26a] / Mt 7:21, 24-27
- Friday: Is 29:17-24 / Ps 27:1, 4, 13-14 [1a] / Mt 9:27-31
- Saturday: Is 30:19-21, 23-26 / Ps 147:1-2, 3-4, 5-6 / Mt 9:35—10:1, 5a, 6-8
- Next Sunday: Is 11:1-10 / Ps 72:1-2, 7-8, 12-13, 19 [cf. 7] / Rom 15:4-9 / Mt 3:1-12
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 6:45 AM
Tuesday 9:00 AM
Saturday 4:30 PM
Sunday 9:00 AM and 11:30 AM (Labor Day until June 1)
Sunday 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM (June 1 through Labor Day)
Friday 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM (noon)
Catholic Ministries Appeal
The Catholic Ministries Appeal is underway. Please remember that your gifts will go to support our local Catholic charities, formation programs and many support services the Diocese provides to our parish. Click HERE to see the video, and HERE to make your on-line donation (remember to specify that you are from the Church of the Transfiguration (336).
(Your gift is considered a designated contribution, no portion will be used to settle sex abuse cases)
Letter from Bishop Matano
Bishop Matano has written a timely letter concerning some of the challenges ahead for the Diocese and the impact of the New York State Child Victims Act. Click HERE to read it. Please keep all concerned in your prayers. Thank you.
Diocese of Rochester - Bankruptcy
To read a letter from Bishop Matano regarding the Diocese of Rochester Chapter 11 filing, including questions and answers, please click HERE.
Diocese of Rochester - DOR Safe Environment
As part of the Diocese of Rochester’s ongoing Creating a Safe Environment efforts and at the direction of Bishop Matano, we are posting this link to the Diocese's web page which contains resources and information sources.
Director of Formation/Pastoral Associate for Youth
Associate Director of Formation
Administrative Assistant for Formation
Deacon - Retired